Items 1-12 of 19
- HarringtonHarrington 1/4 ton LX Mini Lever Hoist LX003Manufacturer Part Number LX003-5Availability In StockSpecial Price $218.00 Regular Price $228.90
- HarringtonHarrington 1/2 ton LX Mini Lever Hoist LX005 LX005-5 5' LiftManufacturer Part Number LX005-5Availability In StockSpecial Price $290.00 Regular Price $322.35
- RM Material HandlingRLP 1500 Premium 1.5 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104338005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $485.83 Regular Price $653.00
- RM Material HandlingRLP 5000 Premium 5 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104340005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $1,243.97 Regular Price $1,672.00
- RM Material HandlingRLP 3000 Premium 3 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104339005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $646.54 Regular Price $869.00
- RM Material HandlingRLP 1000 Premium 1 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104337005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $401.02 Regular Price $539.00
- RM Material HandlingRLP 750 Premium 3/4 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104336005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $378.70 Regular Price $509.00
- RM Material HandlingRL 3000 3 Ton Manual Lever Puller EZ Lift by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104335005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $517.82 Regular Price $696.00
- RM Material HandlingRL 1500 1.5 ton Manual Lever Puller EZ Lift by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104334005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $352.66 Regular Price $474.00
- RM Material HandlingRL 750 3/4 ton Manual Lever Puller EZ Lift by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104333005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $259.66 Regular Price $349.00
- RM Material HandlingRL 250 1/4 ton Manual Lever Puller EZ Lift by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104332005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $141.36 Regular Price $190.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Series 603 Mini Ratchet Lever Hoist 1,100 lbs. Capacity - 5 ft LiftManufacturer Part Number 0215Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $181.50 Regular Price $264.00
A hoist is a mechanical lifting device that uses a pulley to create a mechanical advantage. A manual hoist uses different gear ratios to reduce strain on the user. As the chain or lever is actuated, the drum rotates at a lower gear than the lift trolley in a process called reeving.
A manual hoist is the simplest type of hoist. It provides up to 10 tons of lifting at an incredibly affordable price. Once installed, it can dramatically increase productivity while reducing strain on the body. Typically, manual hoists are available for lifting heights up to 30 feet.
Also called toolbox hoists, they’re typically used for lifting mid-weight power tools and shop items, including engine blocks and moderately heavy equipment. They can be small enough to carry in your toolbox and hung where needed.
Manual hoists come in a variety of types and configurations. There is a range of options, but all of them offer the same three benefits:
- Highly affordable
- Easy to install and use
- Heavy-duty, industrial construction
Uses for Manual Hoists
Due to the low cost and lightweight, a manual hoist can be used throughout commercial and industrial enterprises. For industrial applications, they’re useful for work cells and may be found under large overhead cranes. Often found in maintenance shops, they’re also used for
- Agriculture and ranch
- Mining and oil
- Public utilities
Types of Manual Hoists
A lever lift hoist uses a hand-actuated lever to ratchet the lift up or down. They’re mostly used for pulling, lifting, or positioning. They’re usually much faster than the hand-pulled chain type but don’t offer as much lifting capacity as the toughest chain-types. However, they can move loads in any direction and are great for tight quarters.
A hand chain hoist uses a continuous chain to raise and lower the load. Instead of ratcheting a gear to move the lift, a simple pull chain rotates the gears. They’re mostly used for vertical lifting and lowering. The simplest type of hoist can lift as little as a quarter-ton or as much as 10 tons.