Under Running Overhead Bridge Cranes
Hoosier Crane builds Under Running Bridge Cranes
Hoosier Crane can design and build your under running bridge cranes. An under running crane is typically an underhung, single girder crane where the wheels ride or operate on the bottom flange of a runway beam or track. The hoist/trolley wheels will ride on the lower flange of the bridge beam or track.
Under Running Overhead Cranes
Under running bridge cranes are typically for capacities under 10 tons and are most commonly ceiling supported for maximum floor space utilization. Your current building design will need to be evaluated to assure that the ceiling mounted, under running crane design is the correct choice. In cases where the ceiling supported systems are not feasible, freestanding support systems are also available for under running crane applications. Under running bridge cranes will also maximize the hook end approach of the hoist. The simple reason is that the bridge beam will be located under the runways and can extend (cantilever) out past the runway beams.
Other names that under running bridge cranes are commonly called: underslung cranes, underhung cranes
- Ceiling supported runway system for under running cranes will maximize usable floor space
- Most commonly used in light to medium duty cycle applications
- Can have longer crane spans with 2, 3 or even 4 runway beams to support the under running crane system
- Interlock into a monorail or spur rail with an under running crane system
- Under running cranes are most commonly used in assembly plants, fabrication shops, maintenance areas, and manufacturing facilities
Why Choose Hoosier Crane for your Overhead Crane needs:
- Hoosier Crane is the expert for your under running overhead crane needs. We have a 35,000 sq./ft facility with overhead cranes and all of the tools to effectively and economically provide an under running overhead crane system for your lifting and material handling requirements.
- Under running overhead cranes in a single girder configuration
- Double girder in special applications are available- please contact us directly for these inquiries
- Easy to use Request for Quote on our web site
- Engineering design and support
- Runway Systems- Hoosier Crane can design, fabricate, and install the runway systems for your cranes
- Below the hook accessories
- We have more than 175 years of combined experience with our staff
- We are well versed in CMAA, ASME, OSHA , NEC and other design and build criteria
- We take safety training seriously with monthly in house training seminars
- We have certified welders and rigging specialists
- We are nationally recognized by our vendors and receive top achievement awards annually