Top Running Overhead Bridge Cranes
Hoosier Crane Builds Top Running Overhead Bridge Cranes
At Hoosier Crane, we don't take the simple path. We have the depth of experience to go beyond your initial question or problem to truly understand the whole situation that you're facing and propose appropriate solutions. From the start of the process Hoosier Crane is dedicated to making your overhead crane buying experience simple, to the point, and on schedule. We have the staff, facilities, and commitment to build, ship and install your next crane. All we need is the opportunity.
Top Running Overhead Cranes: 1 - 15 Tons
The most common overhead cranes built range from one Ton capacity to 15 Ton capacity and are typically single girder cranes. By description a top running single girder bridge crane is a crane with end trucks that operate on fixed (ASCE or square bar) rails or tracks attached to the top flange of runway beams or girders. The hoists are of the under running type and ride on the lower flange of the bridge beam.
1 Ton, 2 Ton, 3 Ton and 4 Ton capacity Overhead Bridge Cranes
- These lower capacity bridge cranes can typically be built with either a wire rope hoist or electric chain hoist
- These lighter capacity cranes are commonly used in work cells, light manufacturing areas, fabrication shops and light assembly line
- Most commonly used in light to medium duty cycle applications
- Faster hoist lifting speeds are available in the lighter capacity cranes
- Economical solution for your material handling needs
- Structural beams up to 62'-4" span; Box girders avaialble from 60 FT to 120 FT
5 Ton, 7 1/2 Ton, 10 Ton and 15 Ton Capacity Overhead Bridge Cranes
- These medium to heavier capacity bridge cranes are typically built with a wire rope hoist
- The 5 Ton , 7 1/2 Ton, 10 Ton and 15 Ton bridge cranes are commonly used in machine shops, warehouses, steel and metal fabricators, and heavy equipment maintenance facilities
- Wider range of lifting and travel speeds for precise handling of the mateials
- Overhead bridge cranes will save valuable floor space and will cover large work areas.
- Structural beam designed cranes are available in most of these capacities up to 62'-4"
- Box girders available from 60 FT to 120 FT
Top Running Overhead Cranes: 15 - 160 Tons
Top running double girder cranes are cranes whose end trucks operate on fixed (ASCE or square bar) rails attached to the top flange of the runway beams or girders. The hoist is the top running type and the trolley rides on fixed (ASCE or square bar) rails or tracks attached to the top flange of the bridge beams or girders.
15 Ton, 20 Ton, 25 Ton, 30 Ton, 50 Ton, and 75 Ton Capacity Overhead Bridge Cranes
- Most common double girder capacities are 15 Ton- 75 Ton. These larger capacities require stronger steel properties and utilizing the double girder cranes will help spread out the loads created by the capacity requirements
- Heavier capacities for lifting requirements
- Provides better headroom for clearance requirements
- Most commonly used in medium to heavy duty cycle applications
- Structural beams in the lighter capacities are limited but available
- Box girders in the heavier capacities and longer spans
- The double girder cranes are commonly used in steel warehouses, coil handling facilities, foundries, and large fabrication and stamping facilities
75 Ton, 80 Ton, 100 Ton up to 160 Ton Capacity Overhead Bridge Cranes
- Double girder cranes are required at these capacities
- Most commonly heavy duty to continuous duty cyle applications
- Box girder design in the heavier capacities
- The higher capacity double girder cranes are commonly used in steel mills, paper mills, casting plants and large tool and die facilities
Why Choose Hoosier Crane for your Overhead Crane needs:
- Hoosier Crane is your turn key solution for your overhead crane needs. We have a 35,000 sq./ft facility with overhead cranes and all of the tools to effectively and economically provide a top running overhead crane system for your lifting and material handling requirements.
- Top Running Overhead Cranes in both single girder and double girder configurations
- Easy to use Request for Quote on our web site
- Engineering design and support
- Runway Systems - Hoosier Crane can design, fabricate and install the runway systems for your cranes
- Below the hook accessories
- We have over a 175 years of combined experience with our staff
- We are well versed in CMAA, ASME, OSHA, NEC and other design and build criteria
- We take safety training seriously with monthly in house training seminars
- We have certified welders and rigging specialists
- We are nationally recognized by our vendors with Top Achievement awards annually