Hoosier Crane is the solution to your jib crane material handling needs.
We are committed to supplying a quality jib product with competitive prices and the quickest delivery possible. Hoosier Crane offers state of the art jib cranes from three industry leaders.
Jib Cranes lift and transport materials in full circles (360 degrees) or semi-circles (200 degrees) around their support structure. These jib cranes can also be used to transfer materials to adjacent workstations. Hoists, manipulators, balancers or other below the hook devices can be installed on the jibs’ booms. Jib cranes have three directions of movement, rotational around the axis, traversing (trolley movement along the jib) and vertical (hoist up / down motion). Jib cranes can be configured to have any combination of these motions be either motorized or push / manual.
Hoosier Crane offers a full line of Jib Cranes from industry leading manufacturers to fit both your budget and material handling needs.
How to Choose the Right Jib Crane
- Area of Rotation: Freestanding and mast style jib cranes offer 360-degree rotation; wall-mounted cranes offer 200-degree rotation.
- Height Under Boom: This is the distance from the floor to the underside of the jib crane's boom or mast. Be sure to also factor in the size and height of the hoist and trolley when determining the total lifting height needed.
- True Working Span Needed: The hook (or working) distance is roughly the length of boom or mast, less 1/2 half the length of trolley at each end.
- Overall Jib Crane Height: Factor in any attachments such as electrical entry that may be above the jib crane to be certain that the crane will be free from overhead obstructions.
- Power Requirements: Will you need power for any of your jib cranes motions (rotation, trolley, or hoist)? Will your below the hook devices require power? Will the power be 3 phase electric, single phase electric or air powered? Top or bottom entry power? Indoor or outdoor use?
- Installation: Will you be installing the jib crane yourself or will you need the help of Hoosier Crane's expert installation team?