Specifics of Major Tool & Machine Project
- Furnished 210 Ft. 10-Ton Free-Standing Runway System And Re-Spanned Two Existing 5-Ton Cranes To Fit System
- Furnished One 25-Ton Top Running Double Girder Crane With Dual Load Turning Capability And 12.5-Ton Hoist/Trolleys
- Furnished One 25-Ton Top Running Double Girder Crane
- Refurbished Existing 25-Ton Top Running Double Girder With All New Crane Components To Include Dual Load Turning Capability And 12.5-Ton Hoist/Trolleys
- Upgraded Existing 20-Ton Top Running Double Girder Crane to 25-Ton Capacity By Bridge Girder Engineering And Upgrades. It Also Had All New Crane Components To Include Dual Load Turning Capability And 12.5-Ton Hoist/Trolleys.
*All Projects Included Incorporation Of Radio Control Systems And Crane To Crane Anti-Collision Avoidance Systems And RM Crane Components.
Major Tool & Machine in Indianapolis
Hoosier Crane has developed an excellent relationship with Major Tool & Machine in Indianapolis. MTM is known for world-class engineering, fabricating, and machine services. It started in 1946 with just four men, specializing in jet aircraft maintenance and other work fueled by the commercialization of the jet aircraft industry after World War II. MTM now has more than 350 employees and does significant work for our country's aerospace and defense industries.
Hoosier Crane was hired to build a new crane runway for MTM so they could relocate some of their cranes. That work involved re-spanning two existing cranes and providing two 25 ton cranes, including one with load turning capabilities. We also refurbished two of their older cranes that are instrumental in their daily operations.
MTM VP of Manufacturing Mike Ohler is impressed
“It was remarkable. The speed, the engineering, and the service was all impeccable. You couldn’t ask for anything better.”