Items 1-12 of 14
- RM Material HandlingRLP 1000 Premium 1 Ton Manual Lever Puller by R&M HoistManufacturer Part Number 2104337005Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $401.02 Regular Price $539.00
- RM Material HandlingR&M Series II 1 Ton Manual Chain Hoist 10 ft LiftManufacturer Part Number 2104343010Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $201.62 Regular Price $271.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Hurricane 360° 1 ton Hand Chain Hoist 30 ft. LiftManufacturer Part Number 5653AAvailability Available For OrderSpecial Price $545.88 Regular Price $794.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Hurricane 360° 1 ton Hand Chain Hoist 20 ft. LiftManufacturer Part Number 5628AAvailability Available For OrderSpecial Price $408.38 Regular Price $594.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Hurricane 360° 1 ton Hand Chain Hoist 15 ft. LiftManufacturer Part Number 5627AAvailability Available For OrderSpecial Price $339.63 Regular Price $494.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Hurricane 360° 1 ton Hand Chain Hoist 10 ft. LiftManufacturer Part Number 5626AAvailability Available For OrderSpecial Price $270.88 Regular Price $394.00
- Columbus McKinnon5328 - SER 653 1 T LEVER HOISTManufacturer Part Number 5328Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $260.56 Regular Price $379.00
- Columbus McKinnonCM Series 622 1 ton Hand Chain Hoists 30 ft. LiftManufacturer Part Number 2264Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $360.94 Regular Price $525.00
- Columbus McKinnon2262 - SERIES 622 1 TON W/20FT LIFTManufacturer Part Number 2262Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $246.81 Regular Price $360.50
- Columbus McKinnon2210 - SERIES 622 1 TON W/ 15FT LIFTManufacturer Part Number 2210Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $191.30 Regular Price $278.25
- Columbus McKinnon2256 - SERIES 622 1-TON W/10FT LIFTManufacturer Part Number 2256Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $134.75 Regular Price $196.00
- HarringtonCF 1 ton Hand Chain Hoist by Harrington 20 ft. of LiftManufacturer Part Number CF010-20Availability Available For OrderSpecial Price $421.00 Regular Price $480.00
A hoist is a mechanical lifting device that uses a pulley to create a mechanical advantage. A manual hoist uses different gear ratios to reduce strain on the user. As the chain or lever is actuated, the drum rotates at a lower gear than the lift trolley in a process called reeving.
A manual hoist is the simplest type of hoist. It provides up to 10 tons of lifting at an incredibly affordable price. Once installed, it can dramatically increase productivity while reducing strain on the body. Typically, manual hoists are available for lifting heights up to 30 feet.
Also called toolbox hoists, they’re typically used for lifting mid-weight power tools and shop items, including engine blocks and moderately heavy equipment. They can be small enough to carry in your toolbox and hung where needed.
Manual hoists come in a variety of types and configurations. There is a range of options, but all of them offer the same three benefits:
- Highly affordable
- Easy to install and use
- Heavy-duty, industrial construction
Uses for Manual Hoists
Due to the low cost and lightweight, a manual hoist can be used throughout commercial and industrial enterprises. For industrial applications, they’re useful for work cells and may be found under large overhead cranes. Often found in maintenance shops, they’re also used for
- Agriculture and ranch
- Mining and oil
- Public utilities
Types of Manual Hoists
A lever lift hoist uses a hand-actuated lever to ratchet the lift up or down. They’re mostly used for pulling, lifting, or positioning. They’re usually much faster than the hand-pulled chain type but don’t offer as much lifting capacity as the toughest chain-types. However, they can move loads in any direction and are great for tight quarters.
A hand chain hoist uses a continuous chain to raise and lower the load. Instead of ratcheting a gear to move the lift, a simple pull chain rotates the gears. They’re mostly used for vertical lifting and lowering. The simplest type of hoist can lift as little as a quarter-ton or as much as 10 tons.