Why are the Free Standing Jibs that Hoosier Crane sells better than the competitors?
We have 3 reasons why our free standing jib cranes are better than the competition's.
1. Full gusset base plates
Other manufacturers typically utilize open gussets which can cause a warped effect.
Benefits of using full gussets:
- Stronger base to support the crane
- Less deflection at the tip of the boom
2. Large head size
Other manufacturers utilize a smaller head that can disfigure and damage the crane components leading to difficulty with the operation of the crane.
Benefits of larger head:
- Eliminates crushing of trunnion rollers
- Decreases deflection
3. Unique design of trunnion rollers
Prevents cutting into the mast, eliminating the need for a wear band. Other manufacturers use smaller trunnion rollers or cams that may actually carve into the pipe during rotation.
Benefits of these trunnion rollers:
- Ease of rotation
- No need for a wear band
Two types of trunnion roller assemblies are used:
- Type 1 - single formed channel and two rollers for mast diameters of 16" or less
- Type 2 - four rollers used for mast diameters of 18" or more