Letters from our COO
March 24, 2020
Updates- Hoosier Crane Service Company Open for Business
From the Hoosier Crane Service Company (HCS) Team, our thoughts and prayers are with each and every one as we navigate through these next few days and weeks. We are all being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in one way or another. We are in this together and together we will get through these times.
The health and safety of all HCS employee’s is and always will remain number one in our approach as we navigate through the next few weeks. We have asked all our staff to contribute in part by making sure we minimize exposure and stop the spread of COVID-19. Our staff has deliberately changed our overall work mindset. By referencing and implementing the CDC recommended controls and preventative measures, we have ensured our team's health and safety is a top priority.
- We have asked multiple staff members from our office locations to work mobile from home. We are pleased to report that they are all up and running and ready to provide the top-notch level customer service you have come to expect from us here at HCS.
- We have implemented control measures to ensure the remaining staff working out of these facilities are operating at or above CDC recommendations.
- We have secured all our facility doors to limit delivery/shipment drivers and other potential visitors’ access to our facilities. A call must be made to gain access.
- Implementing a call ahead and parts staging strategy for all our internal staff and service technicians. Parts are being pulled out of our inventory locations and being staged at the dedicated doorways for pick-up.
- Our field service and manpower coordination has become very complex trying to minimize cross-staff exposure and keeping all staff reminded of proper social distancing and as separated as possible.
- All our Sales and Estimating Staff are up and operating remote. They are ready to handle and tackle any all your Material Handling needs!
You may be aware there was an announcement yesterday from Indiana Governor Holcomb about implementing a “stay at home” order. This “stay at home” order does affect all of us living and residing in Indiana and we all SHALL follow its obligations as required. Part of this order was the “Essential Businesses and Operations” phrase and we need to be clear that Hoosier Crane Service Company DOES fall into this group and WILL STAY OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
Excerpt from Indiana Executive Order 20-18 (March 23, 2020)
U. Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations Businesses that sell, manufacture, and/or supply other Essential Businesses and Operations with the support or materials necessary to operate, including computers, audio and video electronics, household appliances; IT and telecommunication equipment; hardware, paint, flat glass; electrical, plumbing and heating material; sanitary equipment; personal hygiene products; food, food additives, ingredients and components; medical and orthopedic equipment; optics and photography equipment; diagnostics, food and beverages, chemicals, soaps and detergent; and firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security.
Hoosier Crane Service Company will continue to operate in this manner and are actively monitoring State and Local Governmental updates as they are released. We will adapt to these as they come up. Thank you all again for your continued partnerships with the Hoosier Crane Service Company. Together we will get through this and come out the better – Hoosier Crane Strong!!!
Todd Cook, COO
March 23, 2020
Hoosier Crane is open for business. See how we are practicing Social Distancing
March 20, 2020
Dear Valued Customer,
Hoosier Crane is following recommendations of global health organizations as well as local authorities in the markets that we serve to ensure that our response to the COVID-19 outbreak is proportional to the situation.
Our main priority is protecting the health of our employees and their families, as well as our customers. We are continuing to run as normal as we can. As always, we are here to provide you overhead crane service 24/7.
We are open and will continue to provide you the best service in the industry.
- For local crane service continue to call 800-509-6131. 24/7
- Our sales team is ready to help in any way they can.
- For Hoist repair drop offs please call to schedule a time.
- We are open but ask you to give us a phone call in advance to arrange product pick up.
- If you are visiting our facilities, we require that you follow proper sanitization procedure upon entering and keep your distance when interacting with others in order to support social distancing.
I understand that your stance regarding visitors may have recently changed as well, and we will of course abide by any new rules that you or our customers have in place to minimize personal contact and thereby limiting exposure.
Please know that every Hoosier Crane employee values the relationships that we have built with each of our customers over the years. I hope that everyone in your business and family stays healthy and continues to take the necessary steps to reduce the spread of the virus. These challenging, uncertain times continue to change rapidly, and we must remain vigilant.
It is our commitment that we will keep you updated as necessary on any changes that impact us and you, our valued customers.
Todd Cook, COO